Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I have what?!?

The Dr called.
Looks like I have Mono.
Shouldn't I have had this about 20 years ago?
Seriously.
First I get an infection that normally hits senior citizens in rest homes, now I have a virus that usually affects teenagers. I think my body hates me.
::::Waving a white towel:::::
I give up!
What am I supposed to learn from this?
Probably not to go on a pioneer trek if you aren't feeling too great to begin with.
I'm the mom. Doesn't my body know I don't have time to be sick?!?
How irritating- I hate being sick.

7 comments:

Jonie said...

Oh, Emily I am so sorry. What are your symptoms when you have mono? All that I know about it is that it lasts forever.
Please let me know how I can help, also I am waiting to see your trek pictures.

Fiddlefish said...

My sister had it twice growing up. My M-I-L just recovered from the same thing. She didn't have ANY of the typical symptoms -- was sick with one thing after another for about 6 months though. SOOOO sorry. If you need help with kids send em my way. Mine BEG every day to play with friends. Seriously -- you will need lots more sleep than usual to get better.

Tara B.

Rine Family said...

Em, I'm so sorry, If you need help just call!!! Love and miss you all.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. I hope you get better fast.

Theresa said...

Oh my goodness, Emily! Get lots of rest and hope to hear you're feeling better soon.

Lewis Family said...

Thanks for the well wishes. My symptoms have been a killer sore throat (which steriods helped get rid of), low-grade fever, achiness, very tired, nausea and some abdominal pain which I'm told is from the spleen being enlarged when you have mono- no contact sports allowed. I have been dealing with alot of kidney pain since the infection mess in Dec. and the dr wondered out-loud a few weeks back if I might have mono then. I am hoping I did and that I will be over this pretty quick.
I will get trek pictures up soon. I've had 2 of my nieces staying with us this week so I've had my hands a little extra full. ~em

Amy Jones said...

Oh Em...I agree with you: Mom's shouldn't be allowed to get sick. The only thing worse than being sick is being sick and still having to take care of kids. You're a trooper. Marci had mono a couple weeks ago (might still have it). I'm beginning to think it's a sign that we all need to slow down.