I have been asked a couple times in the last week if I have quit blogging.
No, life has just been a tad insane around here.
I promise to sometime soon post something more than the occasional update
and to use pictures.
Pinky swear.
For now though- here's the latest:
#1
We are no longer moving to Louisiana. We are glad not to be leaving our friends and family, but sad that we won't have the year of adventure we were planning and that we won't be a few hours from Trev's little brother and his family. We know that things are happening the way they are supposed to though, and thankful that even if we have no clue where this roller coaster ride is taking us, that we have been blessed with a wonderful feeling of peace and calm to know that everything is and will be ok.
#2
This baby is due 9 weeks from today! If this one goes like the others have then I have 6-7 weeks. left. Yikes! Where has the time gone? This pregnancy has seriously flown by.
I found out yesterday that I do not have gestational diabetes. Yay! I failed my 1 hr test and they think I had it at the end of my pregnancy with Noah, so it was a concern, but all is well.
I am being watched for placenta previa though. That is where the placenta covers the cervix and would mean having a c-section. I am borderline for this right now and having ultrasounds every few weeks to check it. (I really don't want a c-section.!)
And speaking of ultrasounds, this baby's gender is still a secret.
Although we refer to "her"as a girl and I'm planning for and buying pink.
We are, as usual, undecided on an official name though.
#3
The kids are doing well and have managed to survive the craziness around here.
Eli has been a major help, but still manages to act his age now and then. He is happy to be out of school for the summer and hoping that he will get to play football this fall. (Because we got him signed up late, he is on a waiting list to play. I guess they are trying to limit teams or something?!? He is not happy about it. Either is his dad.)
Noah is still our Noah. At some point in every day it is best day ever and at bedtime every night, it was the worst. He hates to go bed and finds complaining a good way to stall. He still cracks us up all the time.
Jonah is growing up way to fast. I can't believe he starts Kindergarten next month. He is absolutely refusing to go and wants nothing to do with it. He gets his shots next week (don't tell him!) and I'm afraid he'll never speak to me again afterwards. He is the most stubborn, head-strong child and I'm not sure what to do about this school thing. He is also the most loving child though and is always running up to give me hugs and kisses throughout the day. (I really don't want him to go to school yet either, but again, don't tell him that.)
Hannah is two and is very good at acting two at times. She is very excited for this baby and whenever we see a baby, even on tv, she tells me she wants to hold it. She is very into princess' right now and asks me quite often if I know where her crown is. It makes me laugh every time after all these boys. She has discovered nail polish and makeup and can be very girly, but she knows how to get dirty and keep up with her brothers pretty well.
The last few months I have missed posting on lots of fun things like- birthdays, Noah's baptism, our 15th anniversary, bowling, Lagoon, trips up the canyon, spring break in California, ultrasound pictures, fun times with cousins, special gifts from great grandpa, baseball, soccer and lots more.
I do want to catch up. I just need to catch my breath first!

7 comments:
yeah, what great news!! I have been wondering what has been going on and if you were moving. Glad to know you are sticking around. Does that mean Trevor will still be working out there or is he coming home? I cannot wait to meet baby surprise! Please let me know if you need any help.
O.K. so I have to admit I'm selfishly glad you're staying! I just talked to Amy J. and told her your sticking around. It's definately good news for us. Take a look at your crazy busy calendar and let's all go to lunch and catch up. I'll call you.
Hooray! So glad you're staying! I hope this means good things for Trevor's job! Our little ward family wouldn't be the same without you guys!
I was wondering if you were moving!! I am glad that you are staying too, even though I am already gone!
I'm glad you're staying, too. We miss you in Primary, but are glad you get some grown-up time!
Yeah -- Ashlyn was so traumatized from the shots that she asked us yesterday, "Mommy -- do's I have to get shots to go to swimming lessons?"
Oh Emily, I have been waiting patiently for an update. I am guessing there is a lot more to the story. I hope you really are handling it all and being pregnant at the same time. I will anxiously await your updates and hope for the best.
Post a Comment