Monday, November 10, 2008

FHE

For Family Home Evening tonight we made a Gratitude Tree. It was fun and turned out pretty cute.
Some of my favorite things that were listed are...
chickens
gumballs
ham
the utes
blankies
hot sauce
xbox live
hair
the kitty cat books
At first I was a little frustrated by my funny boys (Trev included) listing these things as I listed all of the typical faith-family-friends type answers, but then I realized that these are things that they really are thankful for. They were just writing what they truly felt. I think I'll add- books, fuzzy socks, chocolate and my washer and dryer.
(I am so grateful I don't have to do laundry for 6 by hand!)

3 comments:

The Crazy Coxes said...

I love your gratitude tree! Way cute!

Missty said...

Very cute idea! And I agree some of those fun items we need to be grateful for!!

Amy Jones said...

We did a gratitude tree for FHE as well...funny thing is that I was the one listing the simple things. Including chocolate. Surprise, surprise. I think I might have to express gratitude for my washing machine as well. I am currently listening to the 4th load today finish up. How I would hate doing any of them (or the 4-5 still waiting to be done) by hand. Good call.